Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Happiest of Days

It may seem that with this lifestyle change we are giving up an awful lot, but we're more focussed on what we'll be gaining - more time together as a family. What excites me most about this is having more time with my best friend, the man that I picked to spend the rest of my life with. A friend of ours once told us him and his wife said they agreed to spend their lives together, not their evenings and weekends. That stuck with us and I'm looking forward to more time with Brett, especially today when we celebrate his birthday!

When I first met B, it was obvious to me right away what a good person he was. He loved his family, and was a good friend. From the very beginning Brett was loving, accepting and always made me smile like nobody else could. 


NYC 2007
Our first photo together - September 2007 - Grand Central Station, New York City

I feel so lucky to have him as my husband. He puts up with my crazy ideas, but he's right on board with me when it comes to how I think we should spend our time as a family. There is no one else I would rather be on this adventure with.

IMG_3934

I can be goofy with him, be the truest version of myself. He's supportive and is all the things I am not. He makes me strive to be the best possible version of myself. 

Most importantly, he is the best Father in the whole world to our two sweet babes. Seeing him with them makes me love him even more, though I never thought that was possible.

Nanaimo - August 2015
Camping in Nanaimo - August 2016

This year's birthday will be different than those from the past. Nothing big and fancy, just good quality time together. That's all we desire these days - enjoying every moment together, especially while these kids are tiny. 

Happy Birthday Brett! The three of us have plans to spoil you with love, attention and lots of delicious food and treats. 

2 comments: